Public Information Related to Registered Loans
Title agents, government agencies and others looking for information about mortgage loans registered on the MERS® System can use Servicer ID or MERS® Link. This public access is often used by local municipalities to identify the servicer responsible for maintaining vacant or abandoned property.
Finding your mortgage information is easy! MERS® ServicerID is a free service that provides information on the current servicer and investor (owner of the note) for loans registered on the MERS® System. Access to MERS® ServicerID is available:
MERS® ServicerID is a free service we provide to connect you with the current servicer of a loan registered in the MERS® System. You may access it by:
- Dialing the toll-free number at (888) 679-6377, or
- Clicking here for online access
MERS® Link is browser-based access to the MERS® System and enables a person to retrieve limited information regarding a mortgage loan registered on the MERS® System (including the identity of the current servicer). Access to the MERS® Link is also available on an annual subscription fee basis; but these fees are waived for government entities.
To subscribe to MERS® Link:
- Read the MERS® Link Terms and Conditions and click the link at the bottom of the page to indicate agreement.
- After you click on the link, your computer will download the subscription request form. Please print the form and complete it.
- Sign the form and fax/mail it to the address indicated.
Click here to go directly to the MERS® Link.
Property Preservation Vendor Contacts
Members of the MERS® System who have engaged a property preservation company to maintain acquired vacant or abandoned properties have an option to enter the name of their vendor in the MERS® System. This will allow local municipalities to directly access these vendors to deal with issues related to vacant or abandoned properties.
- pdf Quick Facts (547 KB) : MERS® Property Preservation (PDF file, Adobe Reader required)
- pdf Quick Reference Guide, Property Preservation (608 KB) : step-by-step illustrated guide for adding a property preservation contact through MERS® OnLine
- pdf Quick Reference Guide, MERS® Link (176 KB) : step-by-step illustrated guide on searching for loans using MERS® Link
- pdf Quick Reference Guide, MERS® iRegistration and Pre-Closing Registration (495 KB) : step-by-step illustrated guide for entering loans on the MERS® System where MERS is not the mortgagee
- Vacant Property Registration Ordinances: a current list of vacant property registration ordinances, sorted alphabetically by city or municipality. Information provided by Safeguard Properties.