To subscribe to MERS® Link, please read the following terms and conditions and click the link to indicate agreement.
MERS® Link Terms and Conditions
- MERSCORP Holdings, Inc., (“MERSCORP Holdings”) and Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc., (“MERS”, and collectively, the “Companies”) and the Subscriber shall abide by these Terms and Conditions (“T&C”). The Subscriber shall be bound by any subsequent amendment to the T&C.
- The Subscriber agrees that the use of the MERS® Link website will be for lawful business purposes only. Upon the Subscriber’s completion of the Subscription Application and the payment of the current annual Subscription Fee, the Companies will provide the Subscriber with access to MERS® Link by assigning the Subscriber anOrganizational ID number, a User ID number, and password that is required to access MERS® Link.
- Using the provided log-in information, the Subscriber will have access (through MERS® Link) to all active loans registered on the MERS®System (please see (5), below for additional details on what MERS® System loans can be viewed through MERS® Link), with the following capabilities:
a. MIN Find: Cross reference loan information associated with a Mortgage Identification Number (“MIN”) when only the borrower name, social security number or property address is known.
b. MIN Information: receive the following information when a valid MIN is entered:
i. Full borrower name
ii. Property address
iii. Lot, block, subdivision & parcel number (if present)
iv. Security instrument and assignment recording information (if present)
v. Current servicer/subservicer identification and contact information
c. HTML link to web site of servicer/subservicer (if available). To the extent that Members offer payoff information through their websites, the Companies may provide such a link; however, the Companies cannot guarantee that payoff information will be available for any specific servicer.
d. Ability to retrieve, print, and store information on multiple MIN hits.
e. Ability to download stored information on multiple MINs.
f. Ability to print and download summary report on stored information.
- The Subscriber shall indemnify and hold harmless the Companies, and any employee, director, officer, agent or affiliate of the Companies from any and all claims, costs or fees incurred by or that result from the Subscriber’s use of any information retrieved from MERS® Link. The Subscriber understands and accepts that MERS® Link is only a tracking system, and any information retrieved from MERS® Link should be independently verified. The Companies do not verify the accuracy of information on MERS® Link or the MERS® System, nor do the Companies warrant the reliability of any information retrieved from MERS® Link since the accuracy of all information is the responsibility of MERS® System Members who enter and update the information in the MERS® System.
- MERS® Link only provides information on active MINs that are registered on the MERS® System. It does not provide information on MINs that have been archived or purged from the MERS® System. For a MIN to be archived off the MERS® System, it must have been deactivated for more than sixteen (16) months.
- The Companies, in their sole discretion, have the right to terminate the Subscriber’s access to MERS® Link if the Companies determine that the Subscriber is using MERS® Link for purposes other than its intended use. The Subscriber understands and accepts that the sole, intended use of MERS® Link is to provide servicer information to the Subscriber regarding obtaining a payoff of a mortgage loan.
- These T&C, and all transactions effected by the Subscriber with the Companies, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without regard to its choice of law provisions.
- Any notice or other communication which is required or permitted to be given or made to the Companiespursuant to these T&C shall be given or made in writing, and shall be sent by nationally recognized overnight courier or facsimile, followed by delivery of the original via first class mail, addressed as follows: MERSCORP Holdings, Inc., Corporate Secretary,1818 Library Street, Suite 300, Reston, Virginia 20190.
- Neither the Subscriber nor the Companies shall institute a proceeding before any tribunal to resolve any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these T&C (a “Dispute”), before such party has sought to resolve the Dispute through direct negotiation with the other party. If the Dispute is not resolved within thirty (30) days after a written demand for direct negotiation, the parties shall attempt to resolve the Dispute through mediation. If the parties do not promptly agree on a mediator, either party may request the then chief judge of the Circuit Court of Fairfax County, Virginia, to appoint a mediator. All mediation proceedings hereunder shall be held in Washington, D.C. If the mediator is unable to facilitate a settlement of the Dispute within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the mediator, the mediator shall issue a written statement to the parties to that effect, and the aggrieved party may then seek relief in accordance with the arbitration provisions of this Paragraph. The fees and expenses of the mediator shall be paid by the party initiating the Dispute.
In the event that the Subscriber and the Companies are not able to resolve a Dispute in accordance with the aforementione mediation provisions of this Paragraph, such Dispute shall be settled by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof; provided, however, that the place of arbitration shall be Washington, D.C., and fees and expenses for the arbitration proceedings shall be paid by the party initiating arbitration.
Click here to accept the Terms and Conditions and download the pdf MERS® Link Subscription Request form (139 KB) . Follow the instructions on the form to submit.